The polishing floors are one of the areas of home maintenance to be included on our list if we want to prolong the life of the same, besides taking care of its aesthetics. Polishing with a floor polisher (เครื่องขัดเงาอุตสาหกรรม which is the term in Thai) can be done by yourself, with the appropriate machine, or you can hire the service of professionals. Today, we tell you what “the do it yourself” experience is like through the rental of a polisher.
The first and foremost thing is to clear the work surface: this means emptying the room on which you will be working. Note the chosen word: empty. This means that you should not leave the furniture piled up in one place and then move it around. We must then avoid dragging on the newly worked floor, in addition to the overload of weight in a single corner.
On the other hand, the moldings or baseboards must also be removed. As a tip to follow, identify them by zones or number them and then put them back in their place.
- It is also convenient to cover with tapes or sheets of those objects or materials that cannot be removed, such as outlets
- Then, check that there is nothing left on the floor: loose nails or anything else that may have gone unnoticed
- In the case of breaks or leaks, use putty to cover
- The preparation work ends with the correct cleaning of the place, removing all the dust. A damp cloth may help in this. In that case, before starting to polish, it should be left to dry after about 30 minutes
It is important to have the necessary elements: in addition to the machine, also the safety ones, such as glasses to protect us from dust.
- Once the industrial polishing machine (เครื่อง ดูด ฝุ่น อุตสาหกรรม karcher which is the term in Thai) is rented, work can begin. What is recommended first is to be patient and have time. If we rush to work, we can cause some damage to the floor
- At the time of polishing, it is suggested to work by zones: we can think of dividing the surface into thirds and approaching one by one. Then it should be sanded using coarser grit sandpaper to a finer grit. Wood floors should be worked in the grain direction
- Baseboard parts must be sanded by hand
- It is recommended to take at least three passes, and between each one of them, remove the dust. A vacuum cleaner is more than useful machines. Therefore, the time factor that we mentioned, in the beginning, is essential